How To Import Your Contacts to Hunter (and Start Your Campaign)
Discover how to import your prospect lists found in Linkub directly into Hunter to boost your cold email campaigns and influencer outreach.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to :
What is Hunter?
Hunter is known as a sales intelligence software that helps to find and verify professional email addresses.
But it also offers a free cold email solution that is really convenient.
Hunter allows you to manage your leads, send emails, set up cold-email campaigns, and schedule follow-ups, all from your Gmail or Outlook account.
Let’s say you have just identified potential leads from Linkub.
You have their names, email addresses, and data insights to personalize your pitch.
Now you want to outreach them and send those emails.
Hunter will allow you to manage your leads and launch a cold email campaign with the data extracted from Linkub.
3 steps to outreach influencers
Step #1 Export influencer’s contacts from Linkub
- Select your dataset and go to the online database provided.
- In the search bar, enter the domains of competing products or keywords you target.
Now you can see a ranked list of people that have mentioned at least one of your keywords, “trello.com” or “kanban” or “project management”.
🔧 Pro tips: you can enter an unlimited number of keywords or competitors with search operators to leverage a ton of leads.
These are the best influencers relevant to your request.
- To save time, filter your leads with the “Has email” option.
Now you have a list of people that you can pitch to.
It’s time to export them.
- Click the “Export” button on the right side of the table.
That’s it. You have your lead list in CSV format.
Then finally you’ll be able to upload your file to Hunter.
Step #2 Import your leads to Hunter
🔧 Hunter is a 3rd-party service. To use the cold email tool, you need to create a free account first.
In Hunter, the Leads Import feature will allow you to upload your CSV file.
- In the bottom left of the Leads page, click on the “Import leads” button. Click on “+ New Import“.
- Select a destination list. This can be a pre-existing list, or you can create and name a new list.
Here we selected the “Experts for roundup #3” as our destination list.
- Upload your CSV that contains your leads. Each lead will need to have at least an email address.
- Please note that Linkub provides verified contact info.
However, if you want to verify the leads as you import them, check the “Verify the email addresses” box. This option will use verification requests to provide a verification status to each lead you import.
- In the next page, match each column of your file to the appropriate attribute.
You can also create custom attributes, by clicking on the Create a new attribute option in the dropdown menu.
After you start the import, the leads will be added to your selected list of leads. This process can take a few minutes if you have thousands of leads.
If some of your prospects are already in your Hunter account, Hunter will detect the duplicates automatically.
You can also add new leads one by one directly from the Leads page if you have only a few leads.
Step #3 Start your campaign
You’re all set to launch your influencer campaign!
All that’s left to do is:
- Write an excellent cold email
- Add a personal touch to each leads with the custom attributes
- Set up and schedule your campaign
- Cross your fingers to receive tons of replies
Here are more resources to help you with those steps:
- How to create and send an email campaign by Hunter
- Cold email templates and good practices
- How to avoid the spam folder
- How to write a cold email by Hunter